Praying for the Unreached
“To stand before men on behalf of God is one thing.
To stand before God on behalf of men is something entirely different.”
~ Leonard RavenhillRavenhill
What is the Problem?
2,000 years ago Jesus commanded His disciples, “Go make disciples of all ‘nations.'”
More than 6,500 of the 16,500 “ethnê” or ethnic groups living today, to which He referred, lack a community of believers with adequate numbers and resources to successfully fulfill His command.
Simply stated, 1 in 4 people remain without reasonable access to the gospel—The Forgotten One-Fourth World! This means that, although there may be a few believers or even a few churches, they are a people group among which there is no indigenous community of believing Christians with adequate numbers and resources to evangelize their own people group.
Joshua Project is a research initiative seeking to highlight the ethnic people groups of the world with the fewest followers of Christ. Accurate, regularly updated ethnic people group information is critical for understanding and completing the Great Commission
What can you do to change this?
Jesus told His disciples in Luke 10:1-3, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Jesus’ solution to the dilemma of the plentiful harvest with few workers was prayer. Prayer changes things! Prayer…
- Ushers us into God’s presence which changes us.
- Reveals God’s plans so we can cooperate with them.
- Obeys Jesus’ command to ask the Lord of the Harvest to send workers.
- Invites God’s presence and participation in the process.
- Removes hindrances to the gospel and prepares the hearts of unbelievers to hear and respond.
- Releases resources for the task.
- Insures protection for the workers and the work.
- Releases spiritual power to fulfill the call, and,
- Exercises divine authority to change situations and people.
- Prayer IS the battle, and prayer maintains the victory.
How can we Pray Effectively?
Begin with these five simple prayers based on Scripture:
SEE: Pray that believers will see the hearts among every least-reached people group that are ready to hear and respond to the Gospel
SEND: Pray that the Lord of the Harvest will send laborers among these “no-choice” peoples
UNITY: Pray that the Lord will help the Body of Christ to labor together in the unity of the Spirit to bring good news where it’s never been heard before
(1 Cor. 3:9).
SUPPLY: Pray that God will supply and multiply the resources necessary to support His workers and their work
(2 Cor. 9:8-11).
- SUCCESS: Pray for 100-fold fruit that remains for God’s glory and transforms each group by its presence (Matt. 4:20).
The Unreached of the Day app is a great way to join thousands world-wide praying for the unreached people group of the day.
For more information about Mobile Apps visit https://joshuaproject.net/resources/apps