Inherit the Nations
ADOPT AN UNREACHED PEOPLE GROUP
In recent years, the Global Prayer Movement has become more and more aligned with Global Missions. We all want to see “the gospel of the Kingdom preached to all nations.”
And yet, there are still over 7,000 specific people groups, nearly 3 billion people who have not even had a chance to hear about Jesus.
Mission begins in Prayer. Jesus says, “Ask the Lord of the Harvest to thrust forth laborers into the Harvest field.” Psalm 2 says, “Ask and I’ll give you the nations as an inheritance.” Is it not clear that one major reason for the upsurge of prayer in the Church at this time is to pray in this great harvest of souls and of nations? A prayer assignment for 3 billion who haven’t heard the gospel is worthy of our best, united efforts!
Inherit the Nations: Adopting 250 Unreached People Groups for a Year of Prayer
Inherit the Nations is an invitation to praying communities to adopt a specific unreached people group for at least one hour/week of dedicated, corporate prayer for a year.
It involves a 5-fold Commitment:
- Agree to pray for at least one hour/week as a community for your adopted people group for one year.
- Keep a weekly journal of prayer and words from the Lord for your adopted nation
- Communicate with front-line missionaries (field workers) serving these nations (as available)
- Connect with other prayer groups through a monthly conference call
- The fifth and most important commitment of Inherit the Nations is this: To carry a nation, a people group that you may barely know in your heart. To be God’s heart for a people far off, as it says in Isaiah 65:1, “I was sought by those who did not ask for Me; I was found by those who did not seek Me. I said, ‘Here I am, here I am!’ to a nation that was not called by My name.”
In obedience to Jesus’ command to “ask the Lord of the Harvest”, we can be part of the process whereby God says “Here I am” to nations that are not even looking for Him. What a privilege!